Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 8 - Part Two!




First, I want to explain that I am writing this blog in response to the blog that my wife is writing about her experience being pregnant. I am hoping to relate to other husband's out there that are experiencing the same things that I am going through.

Back on September 18, 2009, my wife and I discovered that we were proud parent's to be. I was so excited when my wife told me the news. That night we were actually scheduled to see a David Cook concert - we still went, but after my wife shared this news with me, I really just wanted to go out and celebrate. Needless to say, the new Baby H got to attend his/her first rock concert.

Since this time, my wife has had her ups and downs. She has suffered from migraine headaches throughout her life. So far she has only had a few of them. However, those that she has had have been very debilitating and caused her to stay in bed for entire day's at a time.

This past Wednesday (October 14, 2009), Sarah and I went to have our first sonogram. I have to be honest. I really did not have a sense that this whole pregnancy thing was real until I finally got the chance to see the baby growing and developing inside my wife. We saw the head, developing body, and heard the rapid heartbeat. I was speechless, proud, and excited all at the same time. I think that Sarah just took everything in as her emotions (once again) got the best of her.

I have noticed that Sarah is expressing her emotions much more than she has before. She seems to have a "shorter fuse" for the stupid things that I do and she is definitely more emotional as well. She is DEFINITELY very tired. She constantly is sleeping, however, I know that it is all important for our developing baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment